Monday, April 04, 2005

With our very special guest...Charro!

I was reading an article with Goldie Hawn yesterday which reminded me of Bill Hudson. No, really.

They were married once and from that union came Kate Hudson, in case you didn't know. Now, I believe the guy is married to Shirley Feeney. What was the actor's name? Y'know, from Laverne and Shirley? Oh, yeah, Cindy Williams.

Anyway, remembering Bill Hudson reminded me of the Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show (I think that was the name). I loved that show but, truly, I can't remember it. Perhaps it is because my mind is littered with all sorts of aimless, brainless variety shows I used to pollute my time with when I was a kid.

I remember Kermit the Frog went on the Sonny and Cher Show to talk with their daughter Chastity, and Cher sang while lying down on a piano.

Man, everyone had a variety show back then. The big one for me and my sisters would probably be The Donny and Marie Show. I could probably still sing most of their signature songs. Sad. Very sad.

When my parents weren't complaining, or when they let me linger past my bedtime, I admit I watched The Tony Orlando and Dawn Show, The Captain and Tennile (is it true she sang on a Pink Floyd song?), Sha Na Na, Flip Wilson, The Muppet Show, and Bobby Vinton. I think his was taped in Toronto. Remember he had this Monty Python-esque opening with his head falling off a statue? And am I the only person who thought Bobby Vinton looked like Chuck Barris? Oh, and I saw the Rene Simard Show. I loved Rene Simard. You could just weep for my generation.

And I still graduated with honours.

I think this is the most comprehensive list of 70s variety shows. But they're missing Rene Simard.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Jules said...

OMG, you have issues! Check this out:
http://renesimard.tripod.com/

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing