Friday, September 30, 2005

Ain't that a kick in the head

Middle Child and Baby Boy were by the gate at the elementary school, waiting for Daughter to be picked up.

One of the special needs children at the school, a Grade 7 boy with Down's Syndrome, wanted to close the gate and pushed Middle Child off. My kid crouches to whisper "Let's run away" to his little brother and Grade 7 goes to kick Middle Child. Instead, his running shoe meets with Baby Boy's right cheekbone, sending my little duffer flying backward. The bigger kid runs away and now Baby Boy has a lovely scrape and bruise.

I informed the head of the educational assistance program, who would work with this kid, of what transpired. Meanwhile, another parent and a bunch of kid witnesses ran in to tell the principal.

I don't expect anything to come of this. I mean, how much of the consequence of action will be understood by this child, who may have more physical and neurological problems than I can possibly tell?

I'm told this kid has done this before. All I can hope is that it ends here and doesn't happen again to anyone else again.

But, really, I'm as mad as piss about this.

And on another note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY C.P.!

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing