Saturday, October 01, 2005

Why The Lark is only selling to 30% capacity, I dunno.

My baby sister, her friend, my friend and myself went to see Amanda Plummer in The Lark at the Stratford Festival yesterday.

I thought this story of Joan of Arc would be a little heavier than it was, but it was actually chuckly in parts (intentionally, I mean).

Okay, the play itself was a bit of a snoozer, but honestly palatable. Amanda Plummer was really wonderful, I thought. She portrayed St. Joan as the country bumpkin she really must have been, which made her story so much more understandable as to why it was remarkable.

Of course, I'm watching it and I kept thinking, "Wow! I'm five rows away from Pulp Fiction's Honey Bunny!"

As an aside, I wore this jacket that reminds me of the Von Trapp children's curtains-then-playclothes. The reference to Christopher Plummer was unintentional, I'll have you know.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing