Tuesday, October 18, 2005

He's not peeing in jars yet

The winds are a-blowin' and that leads all good Canadian minds to...skating!

We took the kids out to the nearby rink last Sunday. Daughter wore her new figure skates (I practically stole them at a garage sale for $1) and liked them a lot. She's been on hockey skates since she started, so this is a little different. We put Baby Boy back on bobskates, just until he gets his bearings again. Middle Child preferred to sit in the stands and eat popcorn instead. He was destraught to see how many he had dropped, to which Baby Boy was more than happy to pick up.

Middle Child has suddenly become a bit of a germaphobe. He doesn't adhere to the 5-second rule, let me tell you. He is home from school every Friday and helps me wash the floors. I had thought he just liked dunking the mop, but I'm starting to think his benevolence runs deeper than that.

I just hope he doesn't turn into some Howard Hughes or something. The kid's mind runs a little different than most. He's way too analytical for someone his age, and he puts too much into forethought. Maybe he's on his way to being like this old "eccentric" woman I used to see when I worked at Yonge and Eglinton in Toronto. She'd pull out this white kid glove for everything: opening doors, handling money, using the ATM, and dialing a payphone. Granted, I'm sure she had a point. Her glove WAS kinda grey in spots.

Standing cesspools from around the world. Enjoy!

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing