Wednesday, October 12, 2005

For this, I went to university

I signed up to help with my kids' school's 50th anniversary presentation. And I'm hoping I didn't bite more than I can chew.

It was actually my friend J's idea to join up together. I thought it couldn't be too difficult as I helped out at their nursery school's 50th party a few years back.

But maybe I'm wrong.

"Everything hinges on when the priest can hold a mass," the principal said as we sat down for our first official meeting yesterday, which I was given less than an hour's notice, but I digress.

We're hoping to have a 1950s themed carnival, but have to cram in a mass and some dust-farters speaching it up. I'm hoping he takes my suggestion of forming a choir of students to sing popular songs from each decade. Wouldn't it be a riot to hear these kids sing "Major Tom" or "We're Not Gonna Take It"?

Yesterday was also a banner day for Husband. He and my friend J's husband had to lead the boys' Beavers troop in activities. He said the kids didn't settle down for a minute. It must have been frustrating for him, especially since he had to lay-off one of his employees (a lab tech) yesterday as well.

Fact of the day: Approximately 2 million mistakes are made in the 100,000 labs in the US every day (from coolquiz.com)

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing