Friday, October 07, 2005

Statistics Canada Beware!

I was recently emailed a survey from a friend. "Answer these 30 questions and I'll get a better idea of who you really are." I get sent these often, actually. It's innocent enough.

Favourite movie: The Royal Tenenbaums and Dogma

First school you attended: St. James in Toronto

If you could change one part of your body, what would you choose: my genetics

Yeah, yeah, I know it wasn't exactly the answer one is supposed to give. I'm supposed to say something like "my nose" or "my pot belly." But the question was what would I change IF I COULD.

I can change my nose. I can lose some weight. But I can't change my genetics. Out of all the family members who have died, all but two passed on due to cancer or stroke. My dad and his surviving siblings have varying degrees of heart disease.

Okay, pretty much all of these people had been smoking since, ooh, grade school, but genetics could have hastened their deaths, right?

Being the mother of a daughter who is already concerned about her appearance, I try to be so very conscious of projecting a healthy attitude about straight looks. And it's tough. One day, she's not blonde enough; the other day, she wants to know what anorexia nervosa is (it could be because she wants to be a doctor, but I don't want to take the chance).

She has yet to refuse candy, though.

Speaking of which, do you remember these?

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing