Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I just don't like you

I went to my first exercise class ever yesterday. My friend that I was with is a super friendly person and will try to engage in conversation with just about anyone.

She and I were nervously gabbing before class started and she turned to this woman beside her and asked her a question. Something simple, not like asking "Why do they call it the Holy Roman Empire when it wasn't holy nor Roman?"

Anyway, this woman just gave her a "fuck you" look and walked away. I raised my eyebrows and my friend and I continued talking.

But, honestly, I could never be in a position to call this woman's actions bitchy, because I'm guilty of the same behaviour. Truly, I do it and most times I'm even conscious of doing it. Heck, I'm sure I did it several times on Sunday alone.

But once, just once, I'd love to be confronted. When/if the day comes when someone will call me a bitch to my face, I would love to say, "I'm not being antipathetic. I just don't like you."

And in other news, the kids got their second yellow stripe in karate.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing