Wednesday, September 14, 2005

God and Gandalf

Middle Child had his first Beavers meeting yesterday. Husband took him and stuck around for the whole meeting, causing him to be "volentold" as a leader of sorts.

He's fine with this, and even suggested that he can be counted on for two Tuesdays a month.

But what threw him was what he threw at me the moment he walked in the door back home.

"Is Beavers supposed to be a non-denominational organization?"

"Uh, isn't there a vow to 'God, the Queen and the country?'" I wondered. "Why do you ask?"

Well, apparantly, it was storytime or something and the leader pulls out a children's bible and starts talking about Moses and stuff.

"Well, when it's my time to read the boys a story," Husband shrugged, "I'm gonna read them a really gruesome chapter from Lord of the Rings."

Which Lord of the Rings character are you most like? I'm Merry, I'm told. Whatever. I haven't read any of the books nor have I seen any of the movies. So there you go.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing