Monday, September 19, 2005

Broken Telephone

I've learned not to say too much when talking on the phone with my older generation in-laws. I once mentioned off-hand to Husband's grandmother that Middle Child was having trouble adjusting to kindergarten. No big whup. It was the first week of school. About a week later, my mother-in-law calls, practically jumping down my throat about how I have that boy tapped out in too many activities. Huh?

The same happened to Husband's married brother. Mother-in-law probably went over to visit and the brother and his wife got into a little argument. I'm sure it was nothing, if anything at all. Anyway, the grandmother calls and tells me that they're having serious marital problems. Of course, I tell Husband, Husband calls Brother, Brother says, "Huh?"

So now we just heard from Mother-in-law that Husband's 35-year-old cousin has a couple of tumours on her neck and "it doesn't look good." I told Husband and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, no sense getting upset, I guess, until I call my aunt myself."

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing