Monday, March 07, 2005

What do you get when you have a room half-full of Maltese women?

The tray of pastizzi empties a little slower, is all.

The daughter and I spent Sunday at my aunt's for my cousin's baby shower. Of course, my mother had to criticize what I wore...loudly. Yep, she said I looked fat in my top, which, admittedly, was loose on me but I hadn't the time to alter it AND make the 90 minute drive to my cousin's party. Oh, but shortly after the insult was barfed out of her mouth, she said that at least red is my colour. Nice to know where I inherited my bitchiness.

Baby showers are funny. Usually, you only get them for your first child but you have no idea what you're going to need. So you end up registering for all sorts of crap you'll never use or you get people who give you stuff off the registry so you end up with 20 newborn onesies. And what a shame. Mind you, the next size up would be good in copious quantities. Memories of the pooh explosions that go right up their backs are flooding me now.

My grandmother was there. She's 83 or 84 (I forget because she looks waaaay younger) and was the prettiest woman there. Especially since her grandchild looked so fat.

My cousin would probably like to find goth maternity clothes.

Stuff we gotta do since we don't have a DVD player in the car.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing