Monday, March 14, 2005

Growl a lot and blow off shaving: Jen in the morning and Chewbacca have a lot in common

Chewbacca. Chewbacca. Chewbacca.

We visited our old friends from university days last Saturday. Their 7-year-old son suggested to my daughter and middle child they play "Star Wars" together. My kids haven't seen the movie(s) so I guess he described it in detail. Since then, all my boy can talk about is that damned Wookie.

Waaay too many questions about Chewbacca. Neither the husband nor I could remember the minute details so, father that he is, the husband took off when the kids were asleep and rented "Star Wars" (episode 4). The boy saw it but, in typical style, would watch 5 minutes of it and then draw characters for another half-hour.

Earlier in the day, the husband took the two oldest kids to see "Robots" which they enjoyed (you can tell by how much depending on how much they talk about it days after. "The Pacifier" is still garnering rave reviews from last week. Yeah, I give Vin Diesel's body two thumbs up).

Sounds as though middle child doesn't get a lot of exercise. You'd be right. Case in point: on Sunday, the husband said, "Here's an idea for the day. Let's hit the rink." "Great idea," I replied. "You take (the daughter) and (baby boy) and I'll take (middle child) grocery shopping." "I thought we'd do this as a family." "I assure you that (middle child) will pick groceries over physical exercise any day," I said. We gave the boy the option and he looked at us as if we were from Pluto. "Groceries, a-course."

Thankfully, he has karate but he probably keeps his stick figure by all the fidgetting he does.

And what did he make me buy at the grocery store? "Robots" Pop Tarts and steak, "because Chewbacca would want to eat that, right Mumma?"

I bet my cousin C.A. remembers this
I got George Clooney, not Vin Diesel

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing