Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What I'm Up To

I went to the One of a Kind Craft Show in Toronto on Sunday with my pal Jules. Then we hit Lick's and - gasp! - Square One Mall, for old time's sake.

I joined Facebook and, after reading what my younger cousins are up to (they are about 20 years younger than I am), I should be ashamed to admit that my Sunday outing was the most fun I've had in absolutely ages.

I picked up the world's coolest keychain. It's made of pink marbled vinyl with a clear vinyl bubble in the centre which holds a jewelry box ballerina. Okay, it's the most I ever spent on a keychain, but this guy's work was so incredibly unique. He had these insane backpacks that, if I had $80, I would have bought one for one of my kids.

My mum called yesterday in full-out freaky mode. "You gotta find a place where you live to hold your sister's wedding reception!" Didn't she elope in order to avoid fuss? Well, yes, but now there's an apparent need to hold a party. I called a handful of places, but I don't know if anyone from, say, Toronto would want to make the effort to drive 90 minutes. I mean, every time we go to a family gathering in Toronto, we're bound to get at least one person commenting how great it is that we came "all this way." It's not a big deal to us but we're used to it.

Anyway, I found one place that seems to be a great deal. If people want to make a day of it, come visit and walk around downtown here during the day and go to the reception for dinner, it might work. But that may not work for everyone. Anyway, whatever. I did what my mother told me to do, like the good girl I am.

No laughing!

And I was told I was Mother-of-the-Year by Daughter and Middle Child because I bought those Vachon Igor muffins for their lunchboxes. Whole grain, trans fat free, with prebiotics and calcium, and nut-free, I thought it would be a nice treat. And it was on sale. Tried one. Tastes like cake. No wonder they loved it.

Speaking of eating crap I shouldn't, I've signed up for a 90-minute exercise class. I'll be doing BodyPump (weights), BodyStep (step aerobics), BodyAttack (high impact aerobics), BodyJam (a hip-hop cardio class) and BodyFlow (a mix of yoga, pilates and tai chi). I'm hoping to finish the hour-and-a-half. If I crumple to a heap and cry like a baby ... or die ... it has been a slice!

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing