Sunday, April 01, 2007

What a Nightmare

Could it have been any worse?

Upon Baby Boy's insistence, we went to Le Chalet Swisse for dinner. But for some reason, as we were shown to our table, Baby Boy was possessed by a demon and walked on the floor on his knees, talking - no - CRYING AND YELLING like a baby.

"I want a bookie!" meaning a book because when he plays the "I'm a baby game", every noun gets the "ee" sound at the end.

Well, he was still freaking when we sat down. Husband and I calmly told him to stop. He didn't, so I threw him over my shoulder and took him outside until he calmed down.

When we got back to the table, Husband already ordered drinks for us and Daughter and Middle Child started up. I don't know how it started, but at this point, they were in full "I got you last" mode.

"If you guys don't stop, we'll move one of you beside Dad," I threatened.

A minute later, I got up and moved Daughter, who was in the middle of the boys beside Husband. As I'm doing this, the waitress came by with our drinks.

Two drinks were on the table and I was just about to take my seat when the ketchup bottle toppled off her tray, thus tipping the tray over my way. Drinks, Chalet sauce and two kinds of salad dressings came flying off. I got up quickly but not quickly enough because my right pant leg got soaked.

And Baby Boy started freaking out again because his paper placemat got wet.

I muttered, "What a nightmare!" and as I rolled my eyes, I noticed the kids' school principal in the table facing us. He waved at me.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing