Saturday, April 28, 2007

Crackbook

I blame Baby Sister.

She was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back when she "invited" me to join Facebook.

Granted, it's been a nice way to keep in touch with my cousins whom I used to see very, very often growing up and, now, we hardly see each other at all. With the exception of a few of my younger cousins who don't want their geezer cousin Jen listed as a "friend" (chickens!), most of us have a Facebook profile.

What I hadn't expected was to be found by all sorts of people from my diverse past. My best friend from Grade 7 found me last week. A gay friend who was relentlessly teased at my high school is now in contact with me. People that I see every day are on my friend list, too. And, yesterday, one of the coolest people I worked with at one of the worst offices I worked at found me.

But what slays me is that it can be a real time-sucker. Middle Sister won't go on it for that reason, I believe.

This past week, my kids had a Turn Off the Screens week where they not only didn't watch any TV, movies, played with video games - Daughter didn't even play with her Tamagotchi - there I was feeling REALLY guilty for turning on the computer.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing