Thursday, September 07, 2006

Maltese Food at Fellini's in Stratford, Ontario

If anyone is at all interested in coming to Stratford, Ontario during the week of September 18 - 24, for some unknown and, to me, completely unfathomable reason, the most excellent Fellini's Restaurant on Ontario Street will be featuring Maltese cuisine. It's part of a five-week promotion highlighting the best (!) in Mediterranean food.

Seriously, when asked where my family came from, the response to my answer has almost always been met with, "Where?" or "Like the falcon?" or, my favourite, "I love their chocolates!"

As my friend said, it could be great or it could be bad. Real. Bad. But I'm so piqued that this place would choose to highlight the pencil dot of an island my family is from. And as far as I know, there's only two Maltese in this town: myself and another mum from my kids' school. And, of course, we knew of each other before we met.

So with only two of us around, when I'm jonesing for some qaqqoc or aljotta and my mum or grandmother aren't around, I have to make it myself. Mind you, I make a mean hobz biz-zejt with some olive bread I buy from Ace Bakery.

Most of all, I think I'm looking forward to see how someone who isn't from Malta makes the food. What dishes will they choose, I wonder? And how would they plate a pastizzi?

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing