Sunday, August 13, 2006

What Do You Think?

Just shaking things up here. I was never one for the plain pink thing, but for months now, I've been trying to design my own space here with some crazy cool retro housewife gifs.

As you can see, I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Mind you, I didn't try that hard.

Daughter just came back from a week at my parents'. She had a blast with my niece. My sister and I agreed that it was one of the more peaceful weeks we had, just having our two younger boys at home. Sad, eh? But, in my case anyway, there was mucho cooperation going on between Middle Child and Baby Boy. They only had each other to play with and they did so incredibly well. Middle Child really got into it. "You know, it would be okay if (Daughter) died and there was just me and (Baby Boy)." Nice.

We also went to a restaurant on Friday and got seated much quicker as we were a table for four.

The restaurant thing was Husband's idea, after learning that splitting the hydro lines in the new building would cost about $7000. Yeah, we aren't going to do that now. Husband figured he saved some money there, so he came home and suggested going out for dinner. It seemed a little stupid, but I wasn't going to complain.

And we all ate chicken. So ends Husband's sojourn into vegetarianism. He thought he'd like to try it, so I humoured him. I was surprised when he ordered meat AND a side of potato salad. "You know they'll make it with sour cream and not yogurt (which is how he's had me make it for years now)." He shrugged at my comment and ate like Survivor contestants on food auction day.

Then we went to Middle Sister's house yesterday and she barbecued beef, pork and chicken, which he ate all of the above.

He's off of his "healthier lifestyles" rant, particularly after I had to wake him up when I came back from my 6:15 am weight-lifting class, where I did 30 minutes of cardio prior. I believe his words were, "I better get my lazy ass out of bed before you beat me to a pulp."

Now, the topic du jour is the suspected future airplane bombings. Oh, he's Mr. Conspiracy Theory now. It's so much easier on me. There's no effort on my part.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Slowplum said...

It's pretty, but it seems so... fluffly girly for you. Listen, do you still have the icons etc for the retro housewife one? I can fix it up for you... let me know.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing