Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's Mary J. Bilge To Me

My sisters went to a Mary J. Blige concert yesterday. Baby Sister's boyfriend gave her two tickets for their anniversary but told her he had no intention of going.

"I hope you don't mind that I'm taking (Middle Sister)," Baby Sister said, "but I didn't think it was your kind of music."

No kidding. I wouldn't know a Mary J. Blige song if I stared at it in a paper bag. If she had tickets to see Stars or Broken Social Scene or Weezer, well, I'd be miffed if I didn't get the phone call.

I whipped out my old Bob Marley tunes yesterday, as I felt like something very summery. Husband kind of snubbed his nose at it (he likes political reggae; I like the happy lovey sexy reggae). I don't take his opinions on music to heart. The last thing the guy was listening to was (let me look at iTunes here...) Marshall Tucker and Shakira's Hips Don't Lie (!!!). He's rediscovered his enjoyment of Rick Springfield and I'm left wondering how the two of us got together in the first place.

Opposites attract - and then they drive each other crazy.

Anyway, check out this site where you can see what was the number one song when you were born. They also say that your life's theme song is what was the top song on your 18th birthday. Middle Sister's is "Kokomo" and Baby Sister's is Michael Jackson's "Black or White", which is pretty appropriate on both parts. Mine is "Spirit in the Sky" by Doctor and the Medics, because I'm such an upright Catholic girl. You'd know that's a crock and, to boot, the answer to the previous question of attraction may be apparent when you learn that Husband's life theme is Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer".

2 other lazy people left a message:

Slowplum said...

Please shoot me. My life's theme song is "I Swear" by All 4 One. Unless you take the UK chart, in which case it's "Love is all around" by Wet Wet Wet.

Anonymous said...

Would you believe cousin C's life's theme song is Everything I Do by Bryan Adams? Isn't that the truth!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing