Monday, February 06, 2006

This Sucks


They're making vacuum cleaners in vibrant colours now. I came home with this one and Husband sighed, "Couldn't you have found a normal-looking one?" In all honesty, I could not.

I went to the store with Daughter. She wanted the one that was apple green with silver sparkles.

We saw Nanny McPhee two weekends ago with all the kids. It was Baby Boy's first theatre experience and he did okay; we just need to remind him about a quiet voice inside.

This weekend wasn't as much fun. We "visited old people" as Husband puts it.

We first hit his grandmother who was getting ready to celebrate her 87th birthday. She implored my kids to eat all of her food that was expiring soon.

Then we went to my grandmother's who had a wicked tikka masala ready for us. It was the first time she made it and it was the best I've ever ate. She told me her son (he's a jackass and I don't call jackasses "uncle") possibly has the beginnings of Parkinson's Disease. What goes around, comes around. I hope he suffers miserably and then dies alone.

We went to my parents' and, to our surprise, my sister's kids were there. My kids are really great about visiting people. They're very polite and they find their own fun, but I know it can be a drag for them. Seeing their cousins, even for an hour, made it all worthwhile.

It was raining when we left for the 90 minute drive home. When we got there, we were greeted with a whollop of wet snow which bent two of our spruce trees in the front yard.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing