Monday, February 27, 2006

Preparing to Say Goodbye to Superdiaperbaby

I think we turned a corner.

Since Thursday, Baby Boy has been using the potty more times than not. He still wants to wear diapers but, woo-hoo, I think he's only had six dirty nappies in four days. He even woke up dry on Saturday.

Mind you, I don't know how diligent I should be. He doesn't want to wear underwear or go commando, so I don't want to push my luck and have this be a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of exercise.

Speaking of shit, the federal government has a preliminary appointment of a new supreme court judge. Before the guy gets instated, MPs will get to ask him questions and then decide if he's an appropriate appointee.

Critics say this may lead to the American way, where it just ends up being another political game where whatever party has the majority will obviously approve of a judge that falls in line with their party's agenda.

Granted, this could very well happen, but I like the openness of it. Sure, we've elected some serious yahoos, but if the guy is some anti-choice, bigotted homophobe, wouldn't you like to know ahead of time?

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing