Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Will Frodo slay Vadar?

I tried to upload a photo I took of Middle Child's homework assignment but I just couldn't figure out how. I'll keep trying, then I'll bother a very computer-literate friend of mine.

Anyway, his assignment was to draw a picture of himself under an umbrella. He drew himself with...a light sabre. This Star Wars obsession is something else.

My sister was a little upset because she worked really hard to get him a Nightcrawler X-Men figure for his upcoming birthday. In her defence, she bought it at a time when he was koo-koo for X-Men. He'll still love it, though. The X-Men obsession is still there but it's waning a bit. That's the thing with Middle Child; he goes through fits and starts.

I can already see the end of Star Wars. Husband let him watch five minutes of The Lord of the Rings and now he has a million questions about it.

But in the meantime, I've gone price-checking on various Star Wars toys for Middle Child. Man, Toys R Us ain't cheap. Their big ticket items were a good $10 more than Zellers'. Mind you, the selection was vast.

While I was there, Baby Boy saw a toy garbage truck. I ended up buying it for him. He slept with it.

I actually spent a bit of cash yesterday: gifts, a Star Wars t-shirt for Middle Child, lunch, money for field trips, a cushion, postage, and then Husband suggested we all go to Dairy Queen after dinner. Poof! It's just about gone now.

See where your Wilfrid Laurier has been.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing