Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Everybody was kung-fu fightin'

We were able to have a relatively civil birthday celebration. No more hands in cakes.

Daughter made me a vase from a paint-your-own place, but it's not ready yet. I also got a very decent digital camera and if I can ever learn how to post photos on this blog, ooh, the creative messes I could get in.

Another very excellent gift was from Baby Boy who announced he had to pee and took off his diaper and had a wizz in the potty. I should probably be more pro-active about his potty training. But you know, it's always something.

Like on Monday, despite my rule of No Bringing Toys to School, Daughter smuggles her Tamagotchi and...she lost it. Oh, was she ever miserable, I was told. I actually saw her at last recess, walking the perimeter of the school yard with her friend, searching and searching. I was at my friend's house working on the school yearbook (holy time-sucker) and her backyard faces the school yard.

Anyway, at dismissal, she comes out, sees me and starts to cry. I suggested she ask the principal to make an announcement in the morning to see if anyone found it. So she went back into the office and explained to the temp secretary. "A pink Tamagotchi you say? Does it look like this?" The look on Daughter's face could have supplied electricity for a dancehall. She still wanted an announcement: a note of thanks to the anonymous finder.

Yesterday was more running around for the yearbook. We had asked for candid classroom photos from teachers months ago. We received a scant few so I just went in and started snapping. Wouldn't you know, the teachers then all reached into their desks. "Yeah, I was meaning to get these to you..." Now we have too many photos.

This morning was spent looking for black icing for Middle Child's Darth Vader cake (I found some!) and general doo-dads for his little party. Maybe I should have held off because just after I picked him up from nursery school, I got a phone call from his "big school" principal.

It turns out he and Daughter, along with two boys in Daughter's class got into a fight with three Grade 4 boys. And would I please bring Middle Child to the school during third recess where this will all be sorted out and dealt with?

The principal had them all discuss the fight together. They shook hands and for detention, they have to write a letter of apology and future course of action. Then he got them alone to see if there was anything they were hiding. Well, Daughter let it all out.

Her best friend brought a Lego figure to school, which he was not supposed to do because his parents would ream him out if he did. Anyway, he, Daughter, another boy and Middle Child were playing Star Wars with it when these "big boys" walked by and grabbed at the figure, taking its cape. The biggest stuffed it in his pocket. Now this kid and the other boy Daughter was playing with (we'll call him Todd) have been known to fight eachother before. Some teasing, game playing went on, when Todd said, "I know karate" (which he doesn't). Of course, Daughter, her best friend, said, truthfully, "So do we." Grade 4 boys teased them for not being able to retreive the cape so they said, "We're like black belts then. Bow down to us." Not to be outdone, Middle Child said, "I know karate too. Wanna fight?" And they did. Punches, shirt pulling, taking off the little kids' shoes and throwing them over the fence. Then the bell rang and that was that.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing