Monday, June 27, 2005

Eggs are cheaper in the country

Last week, I went to Kitchener. Gas was 94 cents. I had gassed up in town here and, lucky for me, it was 83.9. Still is. So we went on a road trip.

Our little movie theatre will not be carrying Sharkboy and Lavagirl so I took the older kids to see it in London. They loved it, as I knew they would. Meanwhile, Husband took Baby Boy to a huge golf superstore where he killed the entire two hours in.

He bought two gloves (one regular and one for rain), a towel, two boxes of balls because the one he got for Father's Day wasn't on the "recommended" list by Golf Digest. Oh, and he also bought the world's tiniest putter for Baby Boy.

Yes, it's cute. Yes, if there ever was a little one who could use a putter properly, it's Baby Boy. But, yes, it was expensive. Quite the toy for him, it set us back $40, excluding tax.

Husband now has ideas that he'll take Baby Boy to the club's practice green. The kid still wears diapers and he wants to take him golfing?!

And if I can ever figure out how to post images, I'll take a photo of Baby Boy's newest addition to his arsenal of sporting equipment.

Meanwhile, Middle Child is home talking my ear off. He's explaining, with self-drawn illustrations, how a cactus retains water. The kid is a sponge. Sure, he can remember all the planets in Star Wars, but in that same chamber in his brain, he has the ability to remember other details of life.

Maybe I should teach him the periodic table this summer...

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing