Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Jesus Kenobi

I bought myself my own birthday present for Charming Husband to wrap. I picked up this swell red handbag - nothing too large. I'm looking forward to the day when I don't need to carry around my diaper bag, however much I love the corderoy zebra print with the hot pink lining.

I also picked up some gifts for yet another birthday party daughter is invited to this Saturday and Middle Child's birthday present. I bought the Star Wars game that you plug into the tv and challenge different characters to light sabre duels with an actual one the player holds. Middle Child has it in his head that he'll play with it while he's wearing the Darth Vader voice changer mask.

My middle sister said she'd get it for him. "I'm his godmother so let me be the hero this year." My mum heard about her plan to get it so she volunteered to pick it up at the department store she works at because toys were 10 per cent off.

She called me the next day and told me she picked up something else instead. "I didn't want to get him that evil mask! It's all about darkness. It's horrible!" Yeah, but it's what the guy is truly hoping for. "It's okay. I picked up a Star Wars spacecraft instead. It belongs to the one who looks like Jesus." Of course. However, Middle Child doesn't have the corresponding Obi Wan Kenobi action figure and, well, anyone who knows Middle Child would remember that the kid has no interest in vehicles of any kind. Weird for a boy, I know, but we go with it.

Anyway, my sister said she'd just return it and get the voice changer mask herself. I'm dying to see Mum's reaction when Middle Child will end up trying to blow out his candles with it on.

This probably dashes her hopes of him becoming a priest.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing