Thursday, May 05, 2005

It was either that or a telescope

After years of collecting Air Miles, the husband blew them all away on a trip to visit his family. Do I need to add that we're all going?

What we didn't know was that only a certain percentage of seats are reserved for Air Miles people so instead of going in July, we're going in August. Why July? Well, one of the women my husband works with wants a couple of weeks then so she can entertain friends coming in from Alberta somewhere. But, more pressing was because Husband wanted to alieviate his brother from having to entertain their father who has decided to take a "vacation" to his city, which is just a 90 minute drive (if I remember right).

Anyway, so August it is. I've taken a page from parents of autistic children and have begun preparing Baby Boy with stories about airplanes and long waits and being nice at other people's houses.

We'll be staying with the aforementioned brother and his family, which will be nice. I'm sure Baby Boy is going to get along great with my nephew, whom he only met once when they were really wee. And my husband absolutely loves his brothers. But I sense the golf clubs are coming on the plane. Gawd, I just hope we are all on our best behaviour.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing