Thursday, July 28, 2005

A waste of time

There's a former city counsellor here who is walking around saying, "I told you so."

Apparantly, he's been going around for years talking about how we should all change daylight savings time by a month either way, just as the Americans are now going to do.

Personally, I'm not crazy about the idea. They're trying to sell it on the idea that it will save energy, but that doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, if there's an extra hour of night in the morning or evening, either way, you'll be using electricity for that time. And, like most mothers, I'm up early.

Probably the biggest reason why I'm against it is because I don't like the idea of getting the kids off to school when it's dark. I have a hard enough time when the sun is out and the birds are singing. And then there's the visibility factor when they're walking.

I think if we're going to seriously look at this idea, we should just take Saskatchewan's lead (and the lead of Creston, B.C. and a few other small Canadian towns) and scrap daylight savings time entirely.

I'm sure people in the far north are just laughing. Seriously, in the land of the midnight sun, how do these people put their kids to bed?

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing