Monday, July 25, 2005

But don't call him "Chuck"

Daughter's friend has a new baby brother. They named him Charlie. I don't know if they got the idea from me talking about a boy I know, but that would be the second Charlie ("Gawd, not Charles! Could I be that cruel to someone I love? No. It's Charlie) in as many years.

There's this real trend toward 100-year-old baby names. Take for instance the register for a nursery school near my house. There's kids with names such as: Lucy, Alice, Edmund, Oscar, Sadie, and Warren.

The other day, Daughter was having some mixed emotion upon finding her relatively unusual name on one of those racks of personalized items. One part of her thought it was cool that she now has note pads with her name printed on it (bonus! They have horsies and doggies wearing hats on it!), but the other part was downright concern that, in time, she won't be the only girl with her name in her school.

Believe me, you get over it. I swear, every 20-something woman is named Jennifer.

My dilemma for the day: Husband's birthday cake. No one wants to eat cake this year, so I'm thinking of Husband's two favourite snacks. Shall I stick some candles in a bowl of chips or, what I've done before with much success, get some Timbits and either put them in a trifle bowl or get a styrofoam cone and toothpick them?

1 other lazy people left a message:

Jules said...

If you put some dip on top of the chips the candles would stay up long enough to blow out...mind you it would have to be the "past-present-future" approach with 3 candles.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing