Monday, July 18, 2005

Drama

Oh, hooray! I finally got a hit on the Where's Willy website. Okay, the fiver only went 14 km down the highway, but it's on it's way!

I am so easily amused.

Took the older kids to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Husband reads too many newspapers and actually listens to reviewers. Yes, Johnny Depp was channelling a cross between Carol Channing and that actress who played Ted Knight's wife on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Yes, he had that Emo Phillips haircut. Whatever. Have you read the book? Roald Dahl meant Willy Wonka to be a freak.

All three of us loved the movie. It ain't Citizen Kane, but it isn't supposed to be.

My parents came over on Saturday. They planned to bring my grandmother but she doesn't want to leave my gravely ill uncle alone. Poor woman. She doesn't want to sleep because she doesn't know what she's going to wake up to.

Out of nowhere, while we were eating dinner, Middle Child pipes up.

"I hope we get invited to your brother's funeral."

My mum just about choked.

"Oh, he's not going to die," she said with much fervour. My mum is convinced that despite the fact that cancer has built condominiums in several organs and bones in her brother (the one on his back is particularly troublesome-looking), he will survive this. After she made this announcement, it was swiftly followed by a hush and the burying of heads into the plates.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing