Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The best day of my neice's life

My neice is visiting for a few days and has proclaimed on several occasions today that "This is the best day of my life."

Sure, we took her swimming, which is her favourite thing to do. I took her to the grocery store and told her she could pick any cookie she wanted (she picked those plain wafer finger cookies - the ones with the same consistency as holy communion). But she loooved watching TV.

Apparantly, she doesn't get Teletoon. I thought she was going to pee herself when Atomic Betty came on.

I thought for a moment I should unearth my old VHS copies of Peewee's Playhouse but that would mean getting the kids to watch it on the attic TV where it's, like, Africa hot. We have an air conditioner but it takes a while to cool everything down.

Oh, and I forgot the girl takes forever to get to sleep. Everyone was in bed except for me (I watch Rockstar:INXS with much guilty pleasure). Daughter and the neice were reading books and playing Barbies until 10 when Daughter basically told her cousin she was packing it in.

So Neice came downstairs and watched TV with me. I thought Rockstar would be too exciting for her so we watched a documentary on an Emily Carr contemporary named Pegi Nicol. When my sister called the next morning, asking what time she hit the sack, I replied, "Well, she watched The Daily Show with me."

After all that swimming (6 to 8 pm), she konked out on the chesterfield at 9:30.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing