Wednesday, September 05, 2007

On the Road Again


I need another night like the one we had last week.

Husband comes home and I get my drunk on with my friends. I am the best wife ever.

Seriously, I felt like I deserved it. Single parenting is no cakewalk, yet, even despite this, I do enough around here that I'm entitled to get out. Husband doesn't hold me back but I just don't do it.

So when Jools decided we needed a Mom's Night Out (capital letters for sure), I started counting the hours.

We had a false start to the evening. We pretty much got kicked out of one bar because it was wing night and we were only interested in drinking. So we moved down the street. Thankfully, living in a touristy town, there are no shortages of restaurants and bars.

Some of our friends came, drank and went. Some stayed until we literally closed down the bar. This was when we realized that the city rolls up the sidewalks early – and how were we to know? Collectively, we're so strung out by 10 pm on most nights.

So, Jools and I decided to take some shots of us playing in the middle of the main road (which is also a provincial highway). That's me in the pink Harriet-Nelson's-gone-insane dress with my purse that is discreetly screened, "hi. cram it."

I hope we do it again relatively soon. Not only did I have a great time, but I'm dying to get away from Baby Boy. Sounds bad, eh?

Seriously, the kid is riding on my last nerve. I need to put myself in his little shoes, though. He's gone from having a neighbourhood of playmates to none, zilch, zero. What's worse is that he doesn't start school until Wednesday.

The kicker here is that he should have started today.

You see, I received the student info form for him and the other two yesterday. It just has the kids' personal info and you need to make sure nothing changed. But I noticed that they had Baby Boy born at the end of the year when he was actually born in the beginning of the year.

I spoke with the teacher today about it, hoping to sneak him in maybe later in the week, but I can't. And, as it is, he's the second oldest kid in class. Bugger!

I know I sound like a horrible mother, wanting her youngest out of her purple highlighted hair, but I'm not. It's Baby Boy himself who finds it difficult to walk his siblings to and from school and he's not a part of it. A day for him is like a month for me, so this waiting period is just killing him.

He's watching Sesame Street beside me now and practicing writing his alphabet. And bitching. There's just so many cookies I can placate him with. And I'm wondering if it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Anonymous said...

I guess your days of toilet papering are over now? Or is that just something you did when you lived in the suburbs? Love, M.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing