Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mommy, Wow. I'm a Big Kid Now.

Baby Boy turned 4 yesterday.

We bought him a bike with training wheels, which he needed and yet he probably wouldn't have ever asked for. He's been riding it around the house all day today. And he's good at it. He'll be doing wheelies by summer.

Someone must have told him that he'll be going to Junior Kindergarten when he's 4. Today, a nursery school day for him, we pulled up to the older kids' school, which is right next door. He was ready to get out. When I walked him across the parking lot to his nursery school, he flipped out. "But I'm 4! I go with them now! I'm big!"

Thankfully, it only took 10 minutes to calm him down and get him settled at nursery school.

I'm reading Bridge to Terabithia to the older kids. They really want to see the movie that's coming out in a week. I was read the book by my Grade 4 teacher. I know what's in it. I'd rather they find out before we see the movie so we can discuss the subject matter.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Slowplum said...

Yeah... C wants to see it, I have to dig out my old copy and tell them like it is. They handled the little prince ok - hopefully this will go over well as well but at least they'll be prepared. I remember reading this book as a kid and just crying - when you're 9 you totally don't expect the ending.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing