Monday, February 21, 2005

What's Your Name Again?

I went on a very rare date with my husband yesterday. Usually we just go to a nice restaurant for our anniversary and that's about it for the year. It's not that we don't get along but more that we just don't have the time. Besides, we actually like the kids' company.

It was no big deal, really. We went down to my parents' place (so Mum could babysit) and then went to a megaplex to see The Aviator. We really wanted to see Sideways, since it probably won't come to our small theatre in town, but the screentime didn't gel.

Holy cow. No one told us how long it was. My internal clock felt when 90 minutes was up but anyone could tell there was no end in sight to the movie.

And it was alright. Di Caprio got Howard Hughes's facial features bang-on. Cate Blanchett got Katherine Hepburn's voice but, frankly, never could I disassociate the actor with the character. The husband liked it well enough.

We went to a bookstore after and I seriously thought of buying one of those Japanese manga books but a) I didn't feel like spending $16 on what essentially is a comic book and b) I've got a pile of books I've borrowed that I still have to go through.

Went to both grandmothers' houses (mine and my husband's) on Saturday. Most of my aunts, uncles and cousins were there so that was fun. And, of course, there was a whack load of food. My aunt brought most, in honour of her son's 15th birthday (it was a bit of a party for him, though I'm sure he thought it was kinda uncool hanging out with a bunch of old gits). My grandmother made this totally elaborate ham, stuff hanging from it and on it and out of it and around it. What that woman can do with a hunk of meat, toothpicks and crudité.

We had a nice visit with the other gramma too (read: the kids were good). Too bad she'll have forgotten all about it and summon us to visit again next weekend.

I miss nice theatre architecture

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing