Friday, February 18, 2005

Anthony Bourdain, am I one of your pirates now?

I had the third of my four classes at "chef school" as my kids call it. Yet again, we made a bunch of really awesome southern Italian recipes that I will probably never make again. Most of the stuff is just waaaay too labour intensive but mmm-mmm good and I'm learning great new techniques. Mind you, it was the second week in a row where we were each served a half onion, this time with a paste made of olives, pistachios, figs and orange. Our chestnut gnocchi was a little doughy because it was made with fresh chestnuts and not chestnut flour. I still took home the leftover batter. I'll see what I can do.

I sliced my finger as I was deboning a shoulder of lamb. I bled like a sunovabitch. Then I stoopidly decided I should zest the orange and get its juice. Um, ouch.

Got home in time to watch the last 30 minutes of Survivor (from the Vancouver feed) and tape it for my friend and fellow cooking school student. I love satellite tv!! Over breakfast, my daughter was waxing poetic about her favourite Survivor contestant, Angie the tattooed and overpierced bartender. Take it from me, you can do whatever you want to your hair; it will grow back. But tattoos are forever.

Cooking science
bandaid collections
Who's your favourite new Survivor?

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing