Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Why It Sucks Being a Body Pump Instructor In a Small Town

I was at the grocery store today with Baby Boy. He was pleading, wearing me down, like only he can, begging for a bag of Oreos.

If you're a regular mom, you'll understand. I pick my battles. This wasn't one of them. I put the Oreos in the cart.

And then I saw one of the participants in my early Monday morning class. "Cookies, eh? But you won't have any, right, Jen?"

Of course not. If it were Chunks Ahoy, however, I'd be home in a minute with a glass of milk. Still, I felt a little stung. Even now, I don't know if I'm embarrassed to have bought cookies or because my parenting may have been put into question.

And then we went to check out. The cashier recognized me.

"Aren't you the new Body Pump instructor? I was in a Flow class with you and the instructor there introduced you to us."

And then she started ringing in my Kotex, my Jolen, the aforementioned cookies, Kraft Dinner Crackers, psyllium fibre cookies (for Middle Child's wonky digestive system, I swear), etc.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Ms. DeliciA said...

Ya know, even in a bigger town, it is still hard, because you don't want to tell off that person that just really upset you, in case they walk into your class next week. Or you are sitting in the cafeteria at work and recognize someone from the class you subbed last week ... Goodlife members ... they are everywhere.

As for the cookies, everything in moderation.

I loved the looks the time I bought some "Bowel Buddies" cookies :o)

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing