Saturday, January 26, 2008

Another Reason Why Mumma Hates Lego



I hadn't been this knocked out by a cold in probably 10 years. I even missed two of my five weekly exercise classes, which, if you really know me, would indicate how truly awful I was feeling.

I even had to go to the emergency on Thursday. No, it wasn't for me. Just before bedtime (why is it always then?!?), the kids had a great idea to play Super Hero Tooth Decay Fighters while they were getting ready. On his way to the bathroom to get his toothbrush, Baby Boy ran through his room, strewn with his brother's dirty laundry. I've been after that kid to tidy up now for a week. Well, he tripped jumping over a hard container of Lego and fell face-first into the Lego pieces that were spilled out on the floor. And he cut up his face badly.

One cut on his right cheekbone was in need of stitches so while Middle Child guiltily picked up his bedroom mess, I piled Baby Boy in the car and took him to our little hospital. It may not have every diagnostic equipment, but I've never had to wait long and they've always fussed over the kids, making them feel very comfortable.

Baby Boy was coddled immediately upon arrival, which he ate with a spoon. He was given his choice of stickers to put on his admitting ID bracelet ("SpongeBob, please!"). He was carried to the cot in the observation room and was given a warm blanket, fresh from the dryer. Even the attending physician redid the two stitches because she initially didn't like the way it sealed. He was given a topical anesthetic so Baby Boy didn't flinch one bit. At the end of it all (10 pm, waaay past his bedtime which was part of the charm), he was given two huge stickers and a banana popsicle.

"This was the best day EVER!" he announced when we were driving home.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing