Thursday, November 01, 2007

As Count Floyd Would Say...


2007 Pumpkin
Originally uploaded by Nimcheena
"Scary! Eh, kids?"

This year's jack-o-lantern was George Bush. Most people got it right away, which is a far cry from last year's Kim Jung Il (who, in my mind, is far scarier).

My neighbour and substitute husband (every woman should have a spare) said, "Dumbing it down for the people who don't read newspapers?" Sad, but true.

Another one of my neighbours took a photo of it last night. "I look forward to your pumpkins every year, Jen," he said. He emails out pics of my pumpkins every year along with photos of his two children.

So, I think I need to invest in a Dremel tool so I can get into some heavy-duty carving.

Baby Boy got one more wear out of the plush dog costume. I bought it for Middle Child about four or five years ago. I'm cheap that way. Actually, I'm cheap in lots of ways as well.

Middle Child went as a vampire again, but told everyone he was Louis de Pointe du Lac from Interview With a Vampire. He got the idea from me, admittedly. He was disappointed because he has fairish hair. "Vampires have black hair." "Not Louis de Pointe du Lac," I said rather absentmindedly. Thus began.

At the last minute, Daughter decided to go as Kat von D from LA Ink. She loves that show. Thinks it's all about girl power. "That's why you like it, right Mummy?" I don't want to tell her that I have a huge crush on the chubby, balding Corey. It's never the standard guys. Never was. Never will be. Anyway, Daughter did an AWESOME job. We got these fake tattoo sleeves from the Tiger. She threw on a black skull t-shirt and black pair of peg pants, her low-tops, a flower in her hair, red lips, big goofy glasses and a wide white belt with silver stars. I got out my liquid liner (there is no substitution. Never was. Never will be) and drew the stars near her eye and leaves on her neck.

Am I asking for trouble?

She went out with two friends, trailed by her dad and brothers. And, by her account, it was the best Halloween ever.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Anonymous said...

Neighbour? Spare husband? Not you too!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing