Friday, October 12, 2007

This Boring Post Asserts My Fatigue

Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had it at Baby Sister and Home Chef's place where the guy actually barbecued the turkey. It was incredible!

I got in lots of snuggle time with Middle Sister's youngest. The others had no use for any of us, but isn't that de regeur?

A few days before that, I went out with mommy friends. Jools and I and one other had the foresight to grab a bite to eat prior. Okay, we also split a litre of wine, but we had some gourmet pizza which didn't sit right with me somehow. Hmmm, how do I settle an upset stomach? I drink something bubbly. So we went to a bar where several others caught up with us. Jools ended up going home early. The rest of us stuck around until this band came on. They were exceptionally loud and, er, not my taste. Most everyone left at that point. Slowplum, her boss (!) and I hit another bar. After one more pint, I seriously felt like I just ate two loaves of bread. I had one drink an hour, so I was alright, but I've never felt full from a night of drinking. Weird. I stuck around, though. At 3 am, we started to walk home. Slowplum could barely walk so I rolled her to my place and gave her a lift. One of the merits of living in a small town is that no one lives further than seven minutes away. Good thing. I was tired. I must be getting old.

Baby Boy had a sleepover guest last night. It was a girl!!! He's at that age where there is no difference between girls and boys, so it's no big whup that his best friend doesn't wear y-fronts. I would have had this girl over any time, but as it was, I was helping her parents out with some babysitting while they went to a party out-of-town. This little girl has been in my care since she was a wee baby. Her mother and I have been trading off babysitting for years because if you can be without kids while you're getting a pap test, it makes an unpleasant task a little more bearable.

But as it is, I woke up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I was hoping to fuck off today and maybe sneak in a nap, but I just can't. I don't feel like doing any work either, mind you.

2 other lazy people left a message:

Jules said...

Oh god that's funny! But now I have that song in my head and I need to do crunches!

Slowplum said...

I think I would have been ok had I actually eaten something on Friday. Thanks for taking my sorry ass home. I'm sure I would have made it somehow, but the ride was greatly appreciated.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing