Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am the Curse of the Leafs

Did you see the game last night? I had the kids all tucked into bed and went to watch at least the third period. The Leafs were up by two goals by the end of the second. Barfalo quickly scored two goals. I went looking for my knitting and the Leafs scored. I sat back down on the chesterfield. It was tied at the end of regulation. End of the third period, and I decided to wash my face and get ready for bedtime. By the time I got back, they were well into overtime which was just about to end and the Leafs scored on their own net.

Is it a coincidence that the Leafs got scored on every time I was watching? Some may think so, but this happens all the bloody time to me. True story.

"I'm the curse of the Leafs," I said to my dad not too long ago. I explained the way they're always scored upon when I'm actually watching the TV and how they score when I'm having a sneezing fit or went to answer the phone or yawning with my eyes closed or looking down to my crafting.

"Don't be ridiculous, honey," Dad said. "You may not remember it, but you were alive when they last won the Cup."

"Uh, no I wasn't, Dad."

"I thought you bled blue and white! They won the Cup in 1967 and you were born..." He looked at me funny.

"Shit, sweetheart. Stop watching the games, okay?"

1 other lazy people left a message:

Jules said...

hahaha, I picked up a Sens blankie for Kev at GT today. Shhh, it's a Christmas prezzie.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing