Monday, October 02, 2006

Teeth and Grins

After dangling by a thread for days, Middle Child's first front tooth came out when I gave him a piece of toast. Cruel Mumma that I am, I had been giving him only crunchy things to eat, hoping that would instigate some tooth extracting.

The Tooth Fairy gave him $4. It's more than the going rate, but that's the balance due for the X-men Evolution DVD he's been saving for. But, though I explained, er, what I thought the Tooth Fairy meant by giving him the $4, he huffed, "Well, why didn't she just go out and get me the movie instead? She did that for (Daughter) once."

Okay, that was true, but it was also Easter. It was supposed to be from the Easter Bunny, but she assumed it was from the other mythical creature.

So, I just flubbed, "But that movie was Fairytopia. I think the Tooth Fairy only has fairy movies and she knows you wouldn't be interested in them. Am I right?" Thankfully, he was satisfied with that answer.

My parents gave Middle Child $5 for the lost tooth; something my mum promised the kid ... and he remembered. He actually has money that he hadn't spent from his birthday so he can get two X-men Evolution DVDs if he wants.

We went over to my parents' place this past weekend. Husband and I took off to go on a date. It wasn't anything spectacular; we just went to a bookstore and then to Lick's for dinner. I swear, Daughter grew inside me because of their turkey and vegetarian burgers. We had a Lick's near our big city condo where we lived before we had kids. Okay, Daughter lived there for 12 months, which she lords over her brothers.

Wouldn't a Lick's do well in my little tourist-driven city? If I had a million dollars...

I also went shopping with my mum, Daughter and Niece. I bought the girls a banana split to share. I think they snorted it. Anyway, they were so impressed that they want to make it a tradition. "Any time we're at this mall, we have to share a banana split, okay?" Yeah, because they're at that particular mall so often.

And while the girls were gorging on ice cream (they asked if the pineapple could be substituted with carmel, which is an awesome substitution in my books), my mother was on her favourite topic: planning Baby Sister's wedding. She isn't engaged or anything, but that's not stopping my mum. She can be a little old-fashioned concerning marriage but, I think she just loves a good party.

Seriously, conceding that it would probably be a small wedding, she was wondering if Baby Sister and her boyfriend would have dancing. Uh, hello. Are you a part of this family? We don't look to the food or even the liquor at weddings. It's all about the music!

Question of the week: What is the best love song? Poll your friends; I bet their choices would be telling. Today, I'm leaning toward Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes because, well, I'm a sucker for Lloyds in ill-fitting trenchcoats holding up boomboxes outside my bedroom window.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Slowplum said...

I'm with you on the Peter Gabriel tune, however I could probably add a bajillion love songs to that. My wedding song was actually I Mother Earth's "So Gently We Go" which isn't exactly the most romantic song, but it was during an I Mother Earth concert that SO & I realized we were in love, actually while that song was playing, so it was just appropriate. I also really love Sting's "Fields of Gold" though. PS K loved the photo of T, he has one for T in his backpack. He was carrying it all over the house yesterday.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing