Friday, June 30, 2006

Sounds Like Dairy Queen For Everyone!

Yesterday was the last day of school for Daughter and Middle Child. They got incredible report cards.

"How many marks were A, A- or A+?" she asked. Ten. The other marks were B+ (all in math, so guess what we're working on this summer). She was thrilled, particularly in French because she started the year with only a B so she really buckled down. How great is it to realize at her age that you CAN be rewarded when you exercise effort?

Middle Child's report card is entirely written. Glowing. I wept. Seriously, the kid has come so far. Sure, he's blossomed into this smart geek (as I told my friend Jules, I'm hoping for Clark Kent and not Urkel), but socially, well, it's another case of being rewarded after much effort. He's making friends.

As I always do, I wrote the teachers letters of gratitude. I figure they can use it when they're up for review or something. Or just read it. Whatever. Being a writer, it comes to me like peeing. It has come to a point where my father prefers mushy greeting cards to my writing a mushy note in a blank one because I've spilled none of my blood. It's more of a joke between us; not quite so maudlin. Anyway, Daughter said it made her teacher cry.

Daughter cried last night because she didn't want school to end. Should I take that as a slap because she'd rather not be at home, or rejoice that she loves learning?

And now Husband is reading over my shoulder, giving me writer's block. See? It does shut off.

Here's a fun and freaky math game.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing