Friday, May 08, 2009

What To Do?

I keep getting emails for another woman. I assume our email addresses are very close which makes me wonder how much of my stuff are getting to her.

What is the protocol when you receive someone else's email? I end up opening it, which maybe I wouldn't do if I was worried about viruses and stuff. However, even if I don't know the sender, it could be a business thing. The subjects are never anything untoward but are almost always chain mail or a bunch of jokes. And on more than two dozen times, I get this woman's very personal emails.

I know that she has a son who is a complete hellion in his preschool. Another son has auditory problems. She's a realtor with a lot of investments across the country. She also has a very ill aunt.

I know waaay too much about this woman.

One freaky time was when my cousin's husband invited her to be his Facebook friend but sent it to my address. I asked him to tell her about this email situation with her but he said, "I'm a Facebook friend whore. I'm not even sure I know her." So I send him a photo of her. Yes, I even get photos of her.

Again, I don't know if it's socially acceptable to write back to the people who mistakenly send me email but I do. Usually one email explaining that they sent a message (or three) to the wrong recipient and that ends that.

But there's one person who keeps sending me crap. The first time, I sent her my standard letter. The next time, I sent the standard but added that perhaps she hadn't received the first one. The third time, I was a little more curt. The emails kept coming. I just deleted without opening. I figured that maybe if she didn't receive a response for a while, she'd phone or something.

Nope. I'm still getting "You've been tagged" or "Send this to fifteen amazing women" stuff. Worse are the ones that are so content-heavy that they take forever to load into the inbox.

Just last Friday, I sent a cease-and-desist in the most demanding tone I could emit from my keyboard. I guess I'm not a talented writer. I received eight messages in seven days.

So, being the bitch that I am, I'm thinking of sending this one person stupid emails back. Perhaps I should start with this video my auntie sent me.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Slowplum said...

What email client do you use? You can block her emails. Want me to come over and set it up?

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing