Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update

Middle Child came home today with a package of papers for me. In it was a recommendation that he sees a public health nurse to discuss his emotional needs. By signing the consent form also would mean that any of her findings would end up in Middle Child's file (OSR).

Husband and I are trying to be very upfront about everything with him. And Middle Child is great about asking questions if things aren't altogether clear to him.

"What would it mean if the nurse writes stuff I say and it ends up in my OSR?"

"Well, pretend that after talking with you, she thought you were on drugs. Then she could recommend you see a special counsellor for that and it ends up in your records for years and years. Any teacher can take a look and see, that in 2009, that nurse thought you were on drugs."

"Then no. I don't want to do it. And I'm not on drugs, Mom. But that was just a crazy example you used, right?"

1 other lazy people left a message:

Slowplum said...

From a mom who knows what you are going through probably more than you realize - stick to your guns. You can decline him seeing the public health nurse, but perhaps consider other alternatives. It just kills me to think that such a bright boy is suffering so much.

It sucks when it feels like you've let your kids down - but I know you, and I also know you are an excellent mother, and he is bright enough to know this as well.

Call me if you want to vent. I won't have much in the way of good advice but I'm good at listening.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing