Saturday, July 19, 2008

Selling Pieces of Craft

Jules's husband and I shared a table at the local farmer's market today. It's something that he's been on about for some time. Well, he finally decided to go through with it, hoping it will result in a full-time job or something. And I'm tagging along for the ride.

I made my record album bags and some Kool-Aid Jammer accessories. Not a lot. I figured I wasn't going to sell anything because people didn't know we were there, it being our first week and everything. Okay, I thought my Jammer headbands would go because I priced them at a toonie.

I did sell half of my Jammer headbands, but also two Jammer purses and a record tote! It was a K-Tel album called Power House with a very ugly picture of a nearly nude Styx. The woman was thrilled with it. "It's for my sister's birthday. I was just going to head out to the mall, but this is perfect! It's so ingenious! You should be paid double just for having the creativity." She said she would have bought the Rod Stewart's Greatest Hits one for herself but didn't have the cash. She'll be back next week, she said. We'll see.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing