Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jen's Babysitting Service

Was it a moment of weakness or onset guilt that made me agree to a sleepover at our house after Daughter had dinner at her friend's?

Whatever it was, I had, at the time of agreement, forgotten that the mother of said friend is not the most punctual person. I only remembered it when she was late to pick up her daughter the next morning that she had done this to me before. The last sleepover resulted in the friend being picked up just shy of 90 minutes late.

"My other daughter has a soccer game tomorrow morning so I may be a little after 11 am picking up. Is that okay?" the mom said.

"Sure. A little late is fine," I reassured her. Eleven o'clock or 15, possibly 30 minutes, later would still allow me to get to my grandmother's house in north Toronto for her afternoon gathering.

Yeah, 11 am would have been fine. Of course, the mom didn't pick up her daughter until 2:30.

"That was some rain storm, eh?" she said possibly by way of an excuse.

So she got some free babysitting and I feel like a chump.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing