Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wino-Might!

Woo hoo! My sinus infection is no more and I'm done with the "no alcohol allowed" antibiotics which cost a ridiculous $55 for seven fucking pills.

So, to celebrate, I went to the LCBO and bought some Tanqueray (the kids wanted me to buy blue Bombay Sapphire but it reminds me of antifreeze), whisky (mmm, whisky sours...) and lemoncello.

And, yes, I bring my kids to the liquor store. They don't touch and I think there's nothing wrong with being raised around hootch as long as the imbibers are using it responsibly. I've never been drunk. Never needed to be. They also know not to touch Mommy's mixers, dammit.

My kids are easier to shop with than Husband. As you all know, walking into a liquor store with him is like (no offense, Slowplum) reading The Hobbit for me. I was no better off when it was done and, if anything, it left me with that "what the fuck?!?" feeling. The last time we went out together, it took him at least a half-hour to decide. And he picked up rum. Dark rum. He doesn't drink dark rum. He doesn't drink anything but beer and red wine and only at home. My first, Husband would have drank with me, though.

Funny, I'm rereading this post. I'm upset about spending $55 on medication which I needed but had no qualms about spending, er, at least that on happy juice.

4 other lazy people left a message:

Anonymous said...

You seem to drink alot. Have you ever thought you might have a drinking problem?

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Yeah, I did. It was at my cousin's wedding when she ran out of liquor. It was a problem because I had nothing to drink.

Relax, Paris, because at least I'M not getting behind the wheel. And my coochie isn't on the internet, either.

Jules said...

Your first husband?

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing