Sunday, July 15, 2007

Saturday Afternoon Fever

There is a rather excellent toy store, scarily, one block-ish from my house.

I love how they have educational and relatively uncommercial toys. I love how everything is organized and decorated. I love how the sales staff don't ask, "May I help you?" but "Wanna see a magic trick" instead.

Every hour, they make an announcement, "It's dance time! If you're caught dancing, you win a candy. The best dancer wins a drink from our soda bar!" Then they crank up some lively Motown or something and all the kids start jumping up and down. As they get older, it becomes more of a shy shuffle, which is why my two older kids didn't win the soda.

Baby Boy did for his rather inspired rendition of "the robot".

Where does he pick this sort of stuff up, I ask you?

2 other lazy people left a message:

Anonymous said...

Don't your children have a pretty cool auntie that likes to shake her booty? Maybe he learned it from her???

Jen said...

For sure, Baby Sister (I know it's you). But you can argue that the kids see it from everyone on Mumma's side of the family. Lord save us if the toy store has a dance contest to Rock Lobster!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing