Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Photo Screams, "I Need a Vacation"

Yesterday was the day one would re-register at Baby Boy's co-op nursery school. How weird was it for me NOT to saddle up to the desk? Very. I have had my children at that school since 2000, without missing a year.

In a small way, not only will a chapter in Baby Boy's life end when he graduates in June, but one in mine will also.

And after a photo taken of me at the end of the day shows, it may not be a bad thing.

Husband decided we all need passports. We aren't going anywhere, but having updated passports would make it easier to just get up and go. So, while he was working late, I rounded up the troops and took us to get the photos done.

I suppose with all the counter-terrorism fuckwad stuff going on, there are changes not only to the application but to the passport photo too. No smiling. No black and white. No closed necks. Apparently, the federal government WANTS you to look like a thug.

We got them done at a camera store downtown, where they have lots of very breakable things on low shelves. And, wouldn't you know, my kids went batshit all over the store, all running off in different directions. I'm tired. Spent all day going through old paperwork. Got slapped in the face with my mortality at nursery school. Took the car in and found out it would take two hours so I had to find places to occupy Baby Boy and I in the middle of the industrial section of town. And it's cold. And I'm just waaaaiiiiting for the kids to drop something very expensive. And I'm growing out my pixie cut and have very unfortunate hair today. And I forgot to wear make-up.

So, believe me when I tell you that I took the world's ugliest passport photo ever. I mean, Husband recoiled in horror when he saw it.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing