Saturday, November 04, 2006

Love Will Keep Us Together

Last week, Husband and I went to Baby Sister and The Boyfriend's apartment in Toronto to go to a grown-ups-only Halloween party. It was our first is a looooong time.

I went as Marg Delahunty because, though I had a Xena costume (borrowed from my aunt), I couldn't find an appropriate wig. But I had Marg's glasses. Husband went as a pirate. Yeah, with headwear courtesy of a McDonald's Happy Meal. You can take the kids away from the parent, but you can't take the parent out of the man.

I wanted Husband to dress like a hippie and I'd wear a mime costume. Then we could have gone as "peace" and "quiet". My other idea was to go as Ricky and Julian, but Husband is more of a Bubbles kind of guy.

Anyway, I had such a good time. I've always like my sister's friends. She's very social, so she tends to attract very cool, very interesting people. And The Boyfriend is a natural foil for her. He's a born entertainer: he prepared a bajillion dips and stuff, and don't even get me started on the bar he built. She's a born hostess: easily flitting around, sparking up conversations, with her laugh punctuating the five-minute mark. He'd turn on the music; she'd lead the Bunny Hop. He's the Captain to her Tenille.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing