Monday, May 22, 2006

What Would Supernanny Do?

Being with kids for most of my days, one may understand my craving for adult conversation.

Husband took off Friday, thinking he might be able to golf, but it was raining all morning. He stuck around the house, like a fly on the wall as I went about my regular day.

"I'm tired just watching you," he said before the sky broke and he went to get his clubs. "And are you aware that you just watched a 15-minute show about moving like Jell-o? Now I see why you can talk on the phone with your friends for an hour."

When I told him we were invited to friends' for Sunday dinner, he knew there would be no debate.

And it was lovely. Their eldest hoovered three pastizzi immediately and, I'm told, finished off the rest this morning (and at our house, Baby Boy ate all the muffins for breakfast).

The boys all got along great but something was bothering Daughter and I think she was being a bit of a pest. I still don't know why things were thrown and words were said. It lies somewhere between not wanting to hang out with her brothers, having to share her friends, and being very aware that she's a girl amid many boys. Anyway, Daughter doesn't want to discuss it this morning. "That was yesterday. It's all okay now."

My friend sized up the situation faster than I did at the time. She had Daughter up in her office, drawing a digital picture (which I can't upload but it's a cute picture of a shepherd and a sheep). She had her alone time, then everyone apologized and, yeah, it's all okay now.

We went outside after and lit some sparklers. I started taking photos but stopped when I noticed the kids were trying to light things on fire.

And both the husbands ran out of gas early. When we got back into the car, Husband said, "I respect your friendship with (Jules) but what possessed you guys to bring out cake at 10 o'clock? I thought we would have wrapped it up once (Daughter) had her nose out of joint or even when (Baby Boy) peed on their floor."

Yes, peed on the floor. Since I've been taking care of a 13-month-old, Baby Boy has regressed a bit. Most of the time, he wants to "goo goo, gaa gaa" instead of talk, he wants to be fed, and, yes, pees at will. What would Supernanny do?

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing