Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Looking for Clara-tee

I saw Brokeback Mountain on Sunday. I don't know what all the fuss was about. More interesting is that I watched it with Husband, who passed on the movie for ages. And I don't think it was worse than Crash which beat it for the best movie Oscar.

This past week, the kids' school had its 50th anniversary. On Saturday, we had a fun fair which my friend Jules and I planned the games and rides. Waaaay lot of work and I'm glad it's over. The day was pretty multifaceted with a historical display inside, a band and a slide show in the gym, and a huge barbecue that the teachers organized and ran.

And when the local daily covered it, this one, er, human being who shares the same name as a cow, took the credit for the whole she-bang. This is the, um, person who was a total thorn in the side of everyone involved. I hope she sleeps well at night.

Ironically, Jules had this great idea of sending the staff breakfast trays of pastries and fruit from this swank coffee bistro in town for Monday morning. Sent along was a card of thanks from Jules and Jen. See, it's an old family trick - of sorts - to thank people before they have a chance to thank you. This will make them think, "We should be thanking them more" followed by subsequent feelings of, I dunno, guilt and an overwhelming need for reciprocation perhaps?

But in all sincerity, we really were thrilled how everyone came together. So it's funny how that one bovine-named person was so ego-driven that she'd be ballsy enough to say she was "instrumental" in putting the celebrations together.

Jules and I do the school yearbook next. Please add an evil scientist laugh here.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing