Saturday, April 29, 2006

Tiny Bubbles

We were blowing bubbles in the backyard yesterday. It was the perfect day for it, too: sunny, warm and a light breeze.

I blew one and everyone amazed how far it was going. "It's going straight to heaven, I think," Middle Child exclaimed.

Just then, S, his classmate whom I babysit, took the wand. "I want to send some to my dad, then," she said softly. And she did. And they went far. And she felt happy.

Sometimes the wind picked up and blew a gazillion on its own. "I guess it's your dad's turn to blow bubbles for you," I said. She laughed. "Wow! He's even a better bubble maker than you, Jennifer."

S's father died of testicular cancer not two years ago. Guys, make sure there's nothing in your bag that doesn't belong there.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing